July 25, 2016

Release Day: Ignite by Rebecca Yarros


In Legacy, Colorado, I buried my father alongside his elite Hotshot team. 

Ten years later, I’ve followed in his footsteps—fighting fires in the mountains of Alaska with my brother.
Amid the flames, nothing ignites me like Avery Claire.
She’s stubborn, strong, sexy as hell, and my best friend. 
She also has no idea that I’m in love with her.
But Colorado is calling me home, needing every Legacy-born firefighter to successfully rebuild our fathers’ team. 
One night will change everything between us, 
But she’s tied to Alaska and my future is in Colorado.
Now I’m torn between what my honor demands, 
And what my heart can’t live without. 


BUY IT NOW ON AMAZON!: CLICK HERE!



Holy hell. This novella was way too short but was jammed packed with all the gut-wrenching emotion I love in a romance. This was the second novella in the Legacy series about the Hotshot Team in Legacy, Colorado. It gives us a brief but chemistry-laden introduction to River and Avery. The intensity of their relationship is felt right off the bat. Best friends who have feelings for each other? Love it. Finally professing their feelings to each other at the most inopportune (or was it?) time? Gut-wrenching. Figuring out that they can't live without each other? Enlightening (hah!). This novella is the River and Avery's story trying to find a way to make "them" work despite all the roadblocks and hurdles. 

The first novella (Point of Origin) set the bar really high for this series and Ignite definitely did not disappoint. Maybe it's because I read it in one sitting but I thoroughly enjoyed this one from beginning to end. There was no slow spots to thod through, there wasn't anything I had to skim through, either. As always, Rebecca's writing is just gorgeous (can you describe writing that way?) and so easy to get through. There's just something I love about how she intricately weaves her characters and plots together. The emotions are high and so real--I was full out in tears about 80% into the book. I hope that River and Avery get a full-length feature!!


No comments:

Post a Comment