July 14, 2014

I See London by Chanel Cleeton


Maggie Carpenter is ready for a change— and to leave her ordinary life in South Carolina behind. But when she accepts a scholarship to the International School in London, a university attended by the privileged offspring of diplomats and world leaders, Maggie might get more than she bargained for. 

When Maggie meets Hugh, a twentysomething British guy, she finds herself living the life she always wanted. Suddenly she’s riding around the city in a Ferrari, wearing borrowed designer clothes and going to the hottest clubs. The only problem? Another guy, the one she can’t seem to keep her hands off of. 

Half French, half Lebanese, and ridiculously wealthy, Samir Khouri has made it clear he doesn’t do relationships. He’s the opposite of everything Maggie thought she wanted…and he’s everything she can’t resist. Torn between her dream guy and the boy haunting her dreams, Maggie has to fight for her own happy ending. In a city like London, you never know where you stand, and everything can change in the blink of an eye.


This is a New Adult romance recommended for readers 17 and up.


I See London now available:
     


I couldn't get myself to read London Falling before I read I See London. If I know that there's a series, I have a hard time reading them out of order. That being said...these two novels can totally be read as standalones. 

So after her hard work and sacrifices, Maggie's plans to go to Harvard fall through. So what better than to make a complete life change and move out of the country altogether? Maggie takes herself halfway around the world to London--a place so different than everything she's ever been used to. She meets people she would never otherwise encounter and her life takes turns she never thought it would take. 

Maggie's instantly attracted to Samir from the moment she first lays eyes on him. The same can be said for Samir, however, the playboy sophomore makes it clear from the get go that he does not do anything more than party and hook up. So Maggie pursues the insanely hot British bar-owner, Hugh, instead. As her first year at the International School progresses, though, things between Maggie and Samir get more intense and unavoidable. 

I can honestly say that I don't like Hugh. I think part of why I didn't enjoy this novel as much as its companion is because of him. He seems swarmy to me. Perhaps because he's a flashy, young, entrepreneur who seems to be stringing Maggie along because HE doesn't really know what he can handle. Or maybe it's because I prefer the mysterious air to Samir from the get go (and, well, who can deny that chemistry!!?)... either way, there was way too much Hugh for my liking. I guess, though, that was the whole point. Either way, still an enjoyable read, liked it a whole lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment