November 3, 2013

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

Let me start off by saying...OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAITED SO LONG TO READ THIS!!! Alright, now that that is out of the way...I can start.

This book starts off with Amy having to flee New York City and assume a new identity. This is, apparently, nothing new for Amy. Starting fresh, her mysterious handler has her set up her new life in Denver, Colorado. On that fateful night, she meets Liam Stone. Sparks FLY from the second they make eye contact at the airport and only get more severe and passionate during their plane ride. Doesn't help that he also follows her to her new apartment (really, what kind of person does that with a complete stranger? WEIRD. Anyways, the more time they spend together, the more in love Amy falls with Liam. Is she getting too comfortable for her own good? She's lived most of her adult life not being able to trust anyone...can she really think about falling in love and establishing connections?

The secondary plot is all about Amy and her trying to uncover why she's been relocated to Denver. She, clearly, fully trusts this guy she refers to as her handler. All she seems to know about him is that he's saved her once and he has a distinguishable tattoo on his wrist. As she spends her days in Denver working her cover job, she's finding things more and more mysterious. She starts doing something she's been afraid to in the past--uncover some truths. The more she uncovers, the more puzzled she gets...and the more puzzled YOU will get. What an ending to this novel.  If you like cliffhangers (I hate them), then you'll love how this novel ends...

So, I started off by saying that I can't believe I waited so long to read this book but DAMN, I'm so glad I waited because the second and final book in this series is coming out in about a week!!! 


You can purchase the Kindle or Paperback version of Escaping Reality at Amazon.ca!

No comments:

Post a Comment