October 14, 2013

Forever Innocent by Deanna Roy

Corabelle Rotheford thought she was starting her life again at UC San Diego. No one around knows a thing about her past--a perfect blank slate. That is, until her ex, Gavin Mays, shows up in her astronomy class. Can she keep her past in the past or will her ex dredge up all that she's tried so hard to conceal?

Gavin can't believe that he's run into his ex at UCSD of all places. Having run off on Corabelle at the worst possible time a few years back, he believes that fate has given him a second chance to right his wrongs. Can he make Corabelle see that he wants to make things right or did he leave things irreparable?

I'm not sure if it's because of the heavy themes in this book or perhaps the way it was written but I found hard to get through. It took me a while to get through, slow at times and it didn't quite capture my interest. I felt that the story was stretched out too long and by the end of the novel, I was tired of reading the same things that were constantly being brought up. I felt like I was reading a bit about the present, then a flashback--each time, a new little bit of information was brought forward, back to the present, another flashback, etc., etc., etc...trailed on for a bit. I think I would have liked to have had the history up front and then see more focus on the present interactions between Corabelle and Gavin. I get that their past is what makes them who they are now but there may have been a bit too much for my liking.


You can purchase the Kindle version of Forever Innocent at amazon.ca!

No comments:

Post a Comment