December 23, 2015

Grey by E.L. James

See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey. In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.

Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty--until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him--past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian's cold, wounded heart.

Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?

This book is intended for mature audiences.



I need to start off by prefacing that I didn't -LOVE- the first three books in this series. I found them redundant, the writing wasn't the best and there was something about the characters that made me very *???* (I can't find a better way to describe my wtf feelings). Maybe it's because I just couldn't relate to either of them but a lot of the things happening throughout made me not love them very much.  ANYWAYS. So I was very intrigued by the concept of this book. Possibly because, as a Twilight fan, I was denied a completed version of Midnight Sun and this seemed to be exactly what I wanted...but for a different story. Sadly, I forgot how hard it was for me to get through the first three books of the series in the first place. I can't say that it was horrible one but it surely wasn't destined to be on my re-read list. Christian is as messed up as he hints at and this book reiterates this idea quite well. If you thought Ana's "inner goddess" was bad...well, let's just say the inner workings of Christian's head is quite possibly worse. I think it actually made me like him less. I found his rambling to come off as insecure and, at times, I dare say, adolescent-teenage-boy-esque. Do I think this book was published just to make money? Yep. It definitely didn't enhance my Fifty Shades experience. To be honest, though, who am I kidding...I didn't love the first three books so I didn't really expect that much out of this one! You can get through it, like you did the first three books, but I'm sure it will be a read with a lot of eye rolling and flipping through pages that you couldn't be bothered to read in detail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment