November 6, 2014

Kissing Eden by T.A. Foster


Have you ever thought of taking a vacation alone? I mean step on a plane, check into your hotel, and lie on the beach completely and utterly alone. No? Me either, but then right before senior spring break I got dumped.
Something about break ups makes you do things you didn’t want to do, and try things you didn’t know you were capable of.

That’s how I ended up at the Palm Palace.
That’s how I met Grey.
That’s how my spring break turned into the most unforgettable week of my life.

Kissing Eden is available for purchase:
     


Do I normally like the insta-love like what happens between Grey and Eden? Nope. That being said, Grey made up for it. I totally fell for his character. What a history he has to overcome and he's come such a long way. I truly appreciate that he's from a "rougher" background. He wasn't handed anything on a silver platter and has values that ground him well and that makes him, to me, that much more attractive. I guess I was rooting for Grey from the get-go even though I didn't super-love how Eden just sort of melded herself into the community and, well, his life, much too easily. I feel like things were much too easy for her--she just sort of falls into place without much issue. The chemistry between the two of them is pretty hot and heavy. There's just something there that Eden can't quite brush off despite her original intention to recoup from her recent break-up.

I actually enjoyed this book better than the second (they do say that it's hard to write a great sequel, I suppose!). I liked the story of how Grey and Eden got together moreso than I enjoyed reading about their struggles as a couple. Odd, since I generally like to read how couples continue their relationship after the initial get-together period! A great, light, spring-break read--enjoyable and aww-inducing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment